Author Topic: lake district  (Read 48883 times)

Einstein36uk

Re: lake district
« Reply #210 on: July 31, 2012, 08:25:19 PM »
Yep.  :thefinger:

old git

« Reply #211 on: August 02, 2012, 10:14:18 AM »
Typical of a bloke that can't even be ar*** to get out of his tent for a pee Andy.

ajacko

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 16
  • Notts/Lincs border.
« Reply #212 on: August 02, 2012, 10:56:14 AM »
I'm surprised he could even be bothered to get out of his sleeping bag..
Currently run a 2012 DL650AL2 and a zx6rA1P

Wasted_ace

« Reply #213 on: August 02, 2012, 11:44:38 AM »
Looks like it all went well despite a bit of the wet stuff here and there..that is always the problem when you venture north..
As soon as i know where i stand employment wise i will be organising a short run to somewhere in the south.. probably a one night trip..will keep the crew posted..
There is a weekend camping trip coming up in the August Bank Holiday..a few of my Midlands pals are heading to North Somerset/Devon Border to a very nice little village and campsite i know..pub next door so job sorted..i may venture down there but as yet its dependant on circumstances.. :icon_salut:

Einstein36uk

« Reply #214 on: August 02, 2012, 10:30:14 PM »
Typical of a bloke that can't even be ar*** to get out of his tent for a pee Andy.
I'm surprised he could even be bothered to get out of his sleeping bag..

Well that didn't take you long did it boys? Just because my tent had an ensuite and you lot had to slum it. :bootyshake: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Einstein36uk

« Reply #215 on: August 02, 2012, 10:36:41 PM »
Looks like it all went well despite a bit of the wet stuff here and there..that is always the problem when you venture north..
As soon as i know where i stand employment wise i will be organising a short run to somewhere in the south.. probably a one night trip..will keep the crew posted..
There is a weekend camping trip coming up in the August Bank Holiday..a few of my Midlands pals are heading to North Somerset/Devon Border to a very nice little village and campsite i know..pub next door so job sorted..i may venture down there but as yet its dependant on circumstances.. :icon_salut:

We did see a bit of rain it has to be said, although the majority of it was at night. August bank holiday is my anniversary, so a biking weekend may not be what she's got in mind..
Fingers crossed for a change in your circumstances soon mate.  :thumbsup:

ajacko

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 16
  • Notts/Lincs border.
« Reply #216 on: August 03, 2012, 09:02:01 AM »
August Bank holiday, if there's even a slight chance of any rain i'm staying at home and going down the pub.. Had enough rain for this year..

Einstein36uk

« Reply #217 on: August 03, 2012, 07:16:03 PM »
August Bank holiday, if there's even a slight chance of any rain i'm staying at home and going down the pub.. Had enough rain for this year..

Make sure you get there before 8, or eat before you get there.  :la:
 :laughing7: :laughing7:

IanG

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 15
  • South London
« Reply #218 on: August 03, 2012, 07:59:09 PM »
Sorry about leaving part way through had to go out suddenly write up below
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:36:01 PM by IanG »
GSX650F (FLO) Blue & Silver

ajacko

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 16
  • Notts/Lincs border.
« Reply #219 on: August 03, 2012, 08:12:01 PM »
Good so far........

IanG

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 15
  • South London
« Reply #220 on: August 03, 2012, 10:12:29 PM »
My write up with pics attached
Got up Saturday morning and loaded the bike then decided to go and have a cuppa before leaving ended up having a couple and leaving late so decided to go M1-M6 only stopping at stafford for some go juice for the bike, 280 miles in one go made my right leg go numb

Met the others at Asda Kendal

Dave and Andy led us out of Kendal we decided to do the Hardknot pass on the way to Wasdale

When we got there the car park was full so had a word with the staff and they let us park in the staff area

We managed to set up in a dry spell.

We decided to go and get some grub and have a few drinks but as the bar was full the pub let us eat in the dining room reserved for people who were staying in the rooms upstairs, by this time the pub had cleared out enough for us to grab a table

As the forecast for Sunday was thunder and lightning we decided to make a break for the peak district as it promised better weather so struck camp and headed out, we took in a few more passes kirkstone, buttermere, honnister cant remember the others and some of the scenery around the lakes.
We ended up in Edale after setting up we decided to go down the local for a bit of grub and some bevies after turning up at 815 we were politely told that they had stopped serving food at 8 so we were resigned to having the following for dinner

A few minutes after us a couple that had been out walking turned up (she was a bit of alright) and were understandably annoyed that they couldnt get any food either then the man joked with us about getting a takeaway delivered this put Andy into "fixit" mode and after some words with the staff they furnished us with  a number for an Indian that would deliver they even gave us plates and cutlery but they did make us promise to eat in the back room (probably to keep the regulars from getting ideas)

Monday morning Andy was up bright and early as he had to get home for work in the afternoon which left Dave to lead me and Joe out of the Peak district we did a few more roads on the way out and we split near Birmingham so they went their own way whilst I took the M6-M1 skipped off the motorway near Milton Keynes and had a good play on the way home I finally ended up home around 630pm was a great time with great company and just under 800 miles to show for it. Oh Andy when I said I had just under 14k out of the tyres I lied, I checked when they went on when I got back I only got 13k out of them  :icon_thumright:
Full album HERE
I have video of some of the passes which I will post up soon keep your eyes peeled  ;)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 10:19:22 PM by IanG »

ajacko

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 16
  • Notts/Lincs border.
« Reply #221 on: August 04, 2012, 08:47:11 AM »
Good summary Ian.. It's a shame we didn't get any pics of the most challenging parts of Hardknott but as you know, you can't stop on those bits because you'd be in all sorts of trouble if you did.. Picking bikes up on such steep and uneven ground is no fun I guess, best to just keep going.. :)

IanG

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 15
  • South London
« Reply #222 on: August 04, 2012, 09:16:16 AM »
Good summary Ian.. It's a shame we didn't get any pics of the most challenging parts of Hardknott but as you know, you can't stop on those bits because you'd be in all sorts of trouble if you did.. Picking bikes up on such steep and uneven ground is no fun I guess, best to just keep going.. :)
True but when the vid goes up it should make up for not having pics I've got a lot to sort through but it should be up in a few days

Einstein36uk

« Reply #223 on: August 04, 2012, 09:43:33 AM »
Good write up Ian, and shows the trip off well. Looking forward to the video soon.. :thumbsup:

old git

« Reply #224 on: August 04, 2012, 10:53:30 AM »
Ian is obviously the best "travelling correspondent" - great report mate and await the video. :icon_salut:

IanG

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 15
  • South London
« Reply #225 on: September 17, 2012, 07:59:53 AM »
Now that the sodding olympics and most of the aftermath is over with I will get round to editing the vid and get it posted

Einstein36uk

« Reply #226 on: September 17, 2012, 10:09:23 PM »
Now that the sodding olympics and most of the aftermath is over with I will get round to editing the vid and get it posted

:thumbsup:

PaterAnt

• ************************ "A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right." - - - John Teller - - SAMCRO - - ************************
  • GSXF Master
  • Popularity Vote 23
  • INQUISITOR...
    • The Worcester Oratory
« Reply #227 on: September 17, 2012, 10:44:28 PM »

:thumbsup:
Olympics? Did I miss it? When was that then?
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. 1973-2009: several Piaggio (mainly Vespa) scooters (oldest 1957 reg); 2009-11: 2009 Piaggio MP3 400ie; 03/11 to 12/15: GSX1250FA ST.
Worcester