Author Topic: A429 - Warwick to Cirencester  (Read 2088 times)

Simmsy

A429 - Warwick to Cirencester
« on: October 02, 2010, 07:22:37 PM »
I have just got back in from Ride to the Wall (RTTW) via the A429.  (I'm sure that there will another thread with pictures about RTTW).

I can throughly reccommend the A429 from Warwick to Cirencester ... it is a cracking road.  Having ridden 400 miles in the last few days on the Motorways (M4 / M5 / M6 / M42 / M40) I decided to go for the scenic route on the way back.

The temperature was warm  :icon_sunny: ... there was still good light and the sweeping bends just kept coming ... it was bliss  :happy3:

I appreciate that it might be a bit far for the some of you to enjoy, but if you do get a chance to ride it ... it is good  :thumbsup:... there plenty of opportunity to practice overtaking  :icon_cheers:

Wasted_ace

Re: A429 - Warwick to Cirencester
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 08:13:45 PM »
Sounds better than the M42 and M5 that me and Stu took mate lol  :laughing7:

Simmsy

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 08:49:09 PM »
It was a good run Martin ... I left the NMA behind you and there were several bikes in front me all which had the Union Flag proudly flying ... I chose the wrong one to follow  :laughing7:

I am not exactly sure which way I went  :dontknow: ... but I was avoiding the any sign for the M6 toll  :nono: I didn't want to pay the toll charge when we all pay enough for road tax already  :thefinger:

Have just been using Google Street view to retrace my route, and I was followin the A38 south through the outskirts of Birmingham until I got to the M6 - M42 - M40 and then I recognised where I was ... phew  :icon_cheers:
IanG - I saw you a couple of times on route  :occasion14:  I got worried when you turned off the A38, but then reappeared later further down the road.  Did you take a short cut ?  :icon_scratch:

Wasted_ace

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 09:15:49 PM »
Im sure i saw Ian parked up in a lyby..hope you were ok mate  :dontknow:

IanG

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 15
  • South London
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 08:18:41 AM »
yep that was me in the layby my earplug had worked loose so had stopped to replace it
@ simmsy wasnt really a shortcut just a little straighter but more lights
GSX650F (FLO) Blue & Silver

old git

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 03:02:03 PM »
Simmsy - came back from Cheddar last friday (in car) and took route via Bath and up A46 intending to track east along M4 to Swindon and then up via Burford etc.
M4 shut  @ Swindon so took the A429 route as far as the B road off to Bibury. I have done the top half of the A429 run and it is a great ride so long as you don't catch the caravaners and slow mo sunday trippers round Moreton in the marsh and Stow on the Wold.
Its a great way of getting well up into the midlands arond Stratford and Warwick and maybe we can link it into a meet next year??
You come near to the Gaydon Motor Heritage Museum which is a good visit.

Simmsy

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 06:57:12 PM »
I have done the top half of the A429 run and it is a great ride so long as you don't catch the caravaners and slow mo sunday trippers round Moreton in the marsh and Stow on the Wold.
Its a great way of getting well up into the midlands arond Stratford and Warwick and maybe we can link it into a meet next year??
You come near to the Gaydon Motor Heritage Museum which is a good visit.
Glad to see you back again Joe  :occasion14:
There was one car that was pottering along with a string of impatient drivers behind  :sleepy2:  I bet the other drivers wished that they were on a bike as I counted them off one by one  :la:

We should try and link it into a meet next year  :thumbsup: ... either to the Gaydon Motor Heritage Museum or ... the National Motorcycle Museum  :dontknow: