Author Topic: help panniers/bags  (Read 1412 times)

n22cke

help panniers/bags
« on: October 17, 2010, 09:38:27 PM »
brace ya selves guys my other half has decided to get shot of his cbr for a touring bike  :icon_cheers: down side he getting an aprilia tuonno 1000 r  :laughing7: now i need some help because i'm gonna need to put panniers or luggage bags on mine too which ones should i go for ? want them to be easy to get on and off because we won't be using them all the time but where do i start  :BangHead: help  :icon_scratch:

Pashda

Re: help panniers/bags
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 09:52:00 PM »
Givi frame and then panniers klick on/klick off.

http://www.bici.co.uk/Models.aspx?ModelID=863685

old git

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 10:50:23 PM »
Have a look at www.motorbikesandparts.co.uk where you will see a wide range of what's on offer plus some useful buyers guides.
Price is likely to be main criteria linked to hard v soft (or a mixture - eg top box plus soft side panniers).
Factor in practicality - how often used etc and what used for - in doing so you are hopefully narrowing the choice down. Take a look at MCN website for product reviews - then its going to be a case of pay your money and take your choice.

I like mixture of hard and soft as this allows some scope for day to day use (like popping helmet and other gear into a secure top box while shopping) - with additional soft luggage for trips. That way you get more use for your outlay than just when touring.

You won't go far wrong with Givi or Kappa hard luggage and Oxford soft paniers bags though.
Look on ebay as best deals are on there.

Hard luggage entails higher cost cos of the need for racks and fittings which some people just don't want on their bike when not travelling.

If you pushed me I would say think about a top box and soft panniers.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 10:53:14 PM by old git »

Taz

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 12:18:59 AM »
Givi frame and then panniers klick on/klick off.

http://www.bici.co.uk/Models.aspx?ModelID=863685

and it only takes 15 mins to take the frame work off when not required if you just use the topbox frame and soft throw overs  :icon_thumright:

You can get a lot on  :laughing7:

« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 12:25:27 AM by Taz »

Paddy_r

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 08:06:51 AM »
Kriega US40 system. Fits in seconds, is secure and when removed there are no ugly frames left on the bike. Perfect.

RyanR

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 08:45:10 AM »
I went for the Givi hard luggage to give the bike some road presence.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 05:54:38 PM by RyanR »

n22cke

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 05:01:43 PM »
thanks guys  :occasion14: ryan the bike looks good with the panniers on :thumbsup: i'm liking it  :laughing7: will have to see how the budget stretches i've looked at the soft ones too but like the fact the frame/rack can be removed quick too think the top box will give the youngest a back rest too

BAD N BLACK

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 10:09:22 PM »
Using givi,s pannier rack/top case rack on my 650f with v46 t/box~e21,s on side.
been using this combo touring germany,belgium ,holland luxemburg my 650 v~strom.
the e21,s might look small but can carry a lot of gear plus being top loaders,very handy for where i work as our bike sheds can be packed out.also due to there size i can get in and out of heavy traffic at stand still as any one using the a406 will testify.
now using the e21,s on the gsxf not so sure about the topbox rails as it makes the v46 i use sit to high and to far back.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:57:39 PM by BAD N BLACK »