Author Topic: Silverstone MotoGP - First time visit  (Read 1227 times)

youngbull

Silverstone MotoGP - First time visit
« on: May 19, 2011, 07:39:51 AM »
Hi all,

got a question that i'm hoping someone can help me with. I'm heading up to the MotoGP this year for the first time, but going with a few people from work (also their first time), only problem is 3 of them are from our office in sweden and need to fly back that same day. They are currently looking at flights but need an idea of how long it takes for them to get out of silverstone on the day.

Any here been to Silverstone before and have an idea of how long it could take. If the race finishes at 3, i'm guessing that you'd be looking at 30-45min to get out of car park? then its a case of getting back onto the M40 to head to london airports?

Any insight would be helpful.

Cheers

Jason

Re: Silverstone MotoGP - First time visit
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 09:03:27 AM »
If you are on bike it's quite quick to get out but if in car it can take hours, best bet is straight after the 125 race run like the wind to your car and try and beat everyone.... :thumbsup:

youngbull

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 02:44:02 PM »
Tickets just turned up :D
MotoGP 13:00
125CC 14:30
So guess we'll be leaving at 14:30 just incase. Their be in car, but i might go on my bike still :)

n22cke

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 07:19:10 PM »
we went last year in the car wan't too bad leaving we left after the 125 race loads of police directing traffic allow about 30 mins though you will have a great time   :headbang: