Author Topic: BATTERY WARRANTY  (Read 740 times)

aycaramba

BATTERY WARRANTY
« on: April 20, 2009, 11:06:33 AM »
Hi Guys and Gals

After laying my bike up over winter I got it out a month ago to find the optimiser did not work, hence very flat battery.Despite charging the battery and after several 200 mile rides out it doesn't hold its charge for more than 2 days. The bike is now 13 months old and the dealer thinks it wont be under warranty  :angry1: Anyone else had any experience of this?  Booked in for my 4000mile service on 7th May when it'll be changed at the latest, morning jump starts at the mo...
Cheers,
Charlie.

Dave R

Re: BATTERY WARRANTY
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 12:17:19 PM »
Dealer might think its not going to be replaced under warranty   :icon_scratch: (he could always check with Suzuki instead of thinking!!!!!!) but if your dealer was any good he would replace the battery as its only 13 months old, if not I would find somewhere else to get bike serviced, very careful as to who I hand my money over to!!!!!

aycaramba

Re: BATTERY WARRANTY
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 05:46:42 PM »
I'VE NOW FOUND WARRANTY DETAILS !
Service book page 13 ;
items NOT covered.
tyres, spark plugs, filters, cables, BATTERIES, chains and any other parts which require routine replacement, or functions which require routine service or maintenance adjustment.   :BangHead: