Author Topic: givi v35 rack  (Read 1291 times)

colin1810

givi v35 rack
« on: June 14, 2011, 11:37:48 PM »
Hi all, Just fitted a rack for a set of Givi v35s ,but not keen on the replacement bracket for the indicators and having the wiring going back through the original indicator holes. I have seen  thread somewhere with a couple of custom ideas but cant remember where. Has anyone came across it or any pics and desciption of how to tidy it up ,thanks

ajacko

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 16
  • Notts/Lincs border.
Re: givi v35 rack
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 07:29:25 AM »
Up under the numberplate light housing and routed back into the tail unit with the numberplate light wire was the way Old Git did it i think, that's the best idea i've seen. You may have to modify the housing a bit to accept the wires and for it to still sit properly but it's unseen as it's underneath it.. Git has pics, maybe he can link the thread..
Currently run a 2012 DL650AL2 and a zx6rA1P

Taz

old git

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 09:50:37 AM »
Cheers Taz for putting the link up.

Colin - I subsequently took the redundant eyelets off the indicator mounting bracket - makes it look really tody.
The only hard bit wos the short length of the connectors on the indicators - there is very little spare in the wiring loop so you need to be careful where to drill a hole to get the indicator up through the tail so as to be able to reconnect. I had no spare wire length whatsoever on the loom when I did mine but managede to sort it. Altrantive would be to but a longer connector/insert.

You will need a washer on inside of bracket and also will need to shimmy about 1/4 inch off the indicator mounting thread so as to be able to fit the securing nut on between the bracket and the tail light mounting.

All prett tight but do able - just take your time.
Good luck :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:53:35 AM by old git »

colin1810

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 01:06:33 AM »
Thanks Guys,finished fitting yesterday and looking good :icon_thumright: