Author Topic: BSB Silverstone 25th Sept  (Read 1279 times)

Vallie32

BSB Silverstone 25th Sept
« on: September 05, 2011, 10:18:25 PM »
Anyone going because I am!!!!!! ;D ;D Got me ticket hope to get free paddock pass too :P

ajacko

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 16
  • Notts/Lincs border.
Re: BSB Silverstone 25th Sept
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 08:17:41 AM »
Have a good day.. Went to motogp this year, took an hour just to get out of the curcuit, and that was with taking a cheeky shortcut.. Won't be going again until they manage traffic better..
Currently run a 2012 DL650AL2 and a zx6rA1P

Vallie32

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 07:59:45 PM »
Strange I've never had a problem at silverstone. I only live 15 mins away Takes 5mins to get out on bike and 15-20 mins in car. Have been to F1 too and most its taken is 30mins? :) Been to moto gp practice and wsbk race day this year all been really good my only moan is not enough tv screens in the right place.
Would rather go to Silverstone any day than Donnington or Brands. Donnington's a great track but piss poor at everything else, crap toilet's and once took 2hrs >:( to get out on the bike and 4hrs in the car :'(. Camping is a nightmare and the toilets are gross on the camp site .Brands is just as bad good track and great setting but that's it..
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 08:04:08 PM by Vallie32 »

old git

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 08:18:14 PM »
Bloke works down the local DW Fitness Club (where I hone my amazing torso ;D) - has daughter who works @ MCE and she got him some "hospitality"' @ Brands BSB. He got a pillion ride round the circuit with one of the racer's and was waving on the telly).Told him to get me some for Silverstone - but won't hold me breath.

I used to know Mike Edwards (founder of MCE Insurance) and his son Julian, who virtually runs the business nowadays, both nice guys - but I wasn't biking then.

ajacko

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 16
  • Notts/Lincs border.
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 08:44:57 PM »
It was race day this year, Silverstone apologised in MCN for the traffic chaos on the way out, a result of everyone bailing out straight after the motogp race because it was very cold and wet (guilty).. Where we parked we had to turn left out of the car park (when we eventually got to the road) and head into the chaos before we could turn round and head the right way. There were periods of 10 minutes at a time where we didn't move an inch, I turned the engine off in the end and just sat there, getting more and more and more pissed off... Was not a happy bunny and it was enough to put me off ever going again in the car.. On the bike i'd have just pushed it along the path up to the main A road roundabout and rode off..

It only took an hour in the end because i drove across that grass area between the two roads meant for pedestrians only.. Glad i did, some were there much longer..

Jason

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 09:07:10 PM »
  8)
Got me ticket hope to get free paddock pass too :P

all the BSB races have free paddocks

Jason

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 09:10:09 PM »
ive never had problem at Silverstone  :o

Vallie32

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 09:53:09 PM »
Thats rare then for silverstone must have been the weather like you said. Don't let it put you off It's normal 1st class day out.
Incl getting out.
Did not know the paddock was free tar for that.

ajacko

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 16
  • Notts/Lincs border.
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 11:48:02 AM »
Friend of mine parks in the village and walks over, smart guy..