Author Topic: Givi Panniers  (Read 5831 times)

Dazman76

Givi Panniers
« on: October 30, 2011, 07:54:42 PM »
Well after much searching on ebay the only ones about at the moment are some second hand E41 givi panniers there is also a rack as well so has anybody had these type before? i have been looking for some v35 but can't find any second hand ones at the moment you input would be useful cheers darren

Einstein36uk

Re: Givi Panniers
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 08:07:20 PM »
I think Simmsy might have those - roomy but I think they look a bit big on the bike IMHO.
You can get a lot in the V35's. I found them to be plenty big enough for our 8 day trip to Europe in the summer together with a tank bag for your day to day stuff. Helmet fits inside too.  :)

old git

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 09:04:29 PM »
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:14:21 PM by old git »

Dazman76

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 09:51:07 PM »
If you could find a photo of simsy's bike joe that would be great thanks

Taz

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 10:15:45 PM »

Einstein36uk

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 10:21:15 PM »
Here we go Daz

Dazman76

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 10:46:25 PM »
Thanks dave I don't think they look to bad

Taz

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 12:57:35 AM »

Taz

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 01:15:21 AM »

you need the Suzuki frames to fit these...........cost over 250

if you get the Givi you do not need to get the top box frame just the side case frame

old git

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 12:58:05 PM »
Thanks dave I don't think they look to bad

Have to agree that the E36 looks fine and If you can get a pair the same colour as Taz they would really suit your bike mate.

Dazman76

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 01:39:54 PM »
I must admit I quite like the look of simsy's panniers aswell but they would have to be all black for me

Simmsy

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 07:39:13 PM »
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 08:57:29 PM by Simmsy »

Simmsy

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 08:11:40 PM »
The picture below provides an indication of the comparison of the width of the E41s compared to the V35s ... not that I'm boasting  ;D

As mentioned by Taz the indicators needed moving, but the standard length of the wire to the nearside indicator on my 650 was too short to be routed under the mudguard, hence the wire which is visible under the brake light.  I only found out the night before we were due to leave when I fitted them  >:(

One thing I forgot to mention above is that when the panniers aren't fitted the PL 539 frame can be a bit cumbersome for a pillion to have to climb over when the panniers aren't fitted, and there is a "lug" on the top rail which protrudes out (that locks into pannier to keep them secure when they are fitted) and my missus has caught her leg on the "lug" several times getting on and off the bike which has caused a nasty bruise  :'( ... but having said that my missus has quite short legs so it may not be a problem for all pillions  :-\  ... hence I don't normally have them fitted ... I've only used them on the Europe tour  ::)

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 09:19:23 PM by Simmsy »

Taz

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 10:08:54 PM »
One thing I forgot to mention above is that when the panniers aren't fitted the PL 539 frame can be a bit cumbersome for a pillion to have to climb over when the panniers aren't fitted, and there is a "lug" on the top rail which protrudes out (that locks into pannier to keep them secure when they are fitted) and my missus has caught her leg on the "lug" several times getting on and off the bike which has caused a nasty bruise  :'( ... but having said that my missus has quite short legs so it may not be a problem for all pillions  :-\  ... hence I don't normally have them fitted ... I've only used them on the Europe tour  ::)

when you get the hang of it, it only takes 20 mins to fit the PL593 frame, I only fit mine when needed as they look ugly when left on bike   :)

BAD N BLACK

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 07:41:13 PM »
Good pics and info,i use e360,s and a v46 top on 650x strom(sold) and tiger 800,on touring trips overseas.on the 650f only the e360,s on side or a e360 as a top box.the v46 i used once and found it upset the ride.but on all the bikes,i use e21,s as every day boxes as they are top loaders which makes access easy if parked in tight amongst other bikes,for example,where i work we have a bike shed,but most of the mongers have trouble parking,scooters with L plates and the summer nonces with race reps and a few er500,s.my e21,s are useful for carrying bike cover work gear grub, and during the summer water proofs just in case(old school biker i wear i leather jacket) it rains,best bit is they are so slim you dont even notice them and quite suit the bike as well.one year on and the givi rails are rusting(will hammerite them at some point).

old git

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 08:25:52 PM »
Admittedly the panniers are big ... and wide :o  ... and I have to allow extra space when filtering and parking the bike ... which I found out when we were waiting in the queue to get onto the Euro tunnel.
When I parked my bike in parallel next to Old Git's bike I couldn't work out why the side stand wasn't touching the ground  ??? ... the panniers on our bikes were clashing and the side stand on his bike was taking the weight of both bikes  :-[

Yes  ::) I seem to recall that little incident. Didn't let him get clsoe enough to do it again for the rest of the trip - although he tried hard once or twice ;)