Author Topic: Looking Forward to 2012 ... and Beyond  (Read 2318 times)

Simmsy

Looking Forward to 2012 ... and Beyond
« on: January 05, 2012, 08:15:44 PM »

PaterAnt

• ************************ "A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right." - - - John Teller - - SAMCRO - - ************************
  • GSXF Master
  • Popularity Vote 23
  • INQUISITOR...
    • The Worcester Oratory
Re: Looking Forward to 2012 ... and Beyond
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 08:39:36 PM »
Well done Simmsy.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. 1973-2009: several Piaggio (mainly Vespa) scooters (oldest 1957 reg); 2009-11: 2009 Piaggio MP3 400ie; 03/11 to 12/15: GSX1250FA ST.
Worcester

MLC

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 10:31:21 PM »
Well done simmsy! - what sort of assistance are you looking for??  I'm happy to offer my services.
 :) :)

Wasted_ace

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 07:19:28 AM »
Well done Simmsy..be a bloody shame to just close the shop as the maun season is about to kick in..starting a Facebook group was only a temporary solution until we could figure out how to rally the members..Jason didnt give us a lot of time and seemed to shut the group pretty abruptly..a few weeks tonotice would have been better.
Im always up for giving a bit of assistance..especially when giving you directions mate  ;D ;D

PeterGSX

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 04:43:21 PM »
As I said on Facebook - I've got your back, Simmsy. If there's anything I can do to help it running, just let me know.

I do agree with what has been said somewhere else, that sticking to one place when organising rideouts is a good idea and THIS is the place to do it, I'm sure the rest would agree. I wouldn't shut the Facebook page yet, let it run, it's for free, it gives you more opportunities to meet other people and share news with them. I'd keep this forum as a main way of staying in touch, and those who are on Facebook - why not, the law doesn't ban it, we're not gonna get fined for that or points on our licence  ;D

Taz

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 06:48:25 PM »
Well done chap  :)

so as it stands there is this site and the facebook page Peter started and the rest, new PB site and facebook page have been scraped

Simmsy

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »
Whilst I have / will continue to log onto the forum every day to check everything is OK, there will be times when I won't be able to.  I don't have a whizzy mobile phone with the web ... I have managed to access the forum once on my phone but gave up trying to navigate using a 1" square screen   >:(  ... I only manage to log on in the evening.

So it would be useful if there was someone else who could also provide admin cover.

MLC

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 09:16:33 PM »
As I said I happy to offer my services

:)

PeterGSX

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 11:18:32 PM »
If administrating the forum doesn't take a scientist, I'm online when I'm not sleeping and provided I'm at work/in my room, which is 80% of the time, so you can have extra two Admins, Simmsy ;)) (MLC and me :D)

Simmsy

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 06:44:14 PM »
OK ... Here's a proposal  ::)

I'm happy to keep the forum going for this year (2012)  :) ... that is unless anyone either has a strong objection to what I am proposing, volunteers to take over the forum themselves, or the life of the forum comes to a natural conclusion during the next 12 months.

Thank you to the guys who have offered to help keep a watch out just in case the forum is invaded by pirates who might kreep in at night and cause havoc ... unfortunately it has happened before  :( ... but the majority of members play by the house rules  8)  If anyone wants to make a contribution to the hosting costs, any donations will be gratefully recevied  :)

By virtue that this a one bike, one model forum ... with members worldwide, unfortunately there haven't been many "official" forum ride-outs organised that all members have been able to attend, but as spring starts to emerge and our bikes start to see the light of day (not the dark wet mornings and evenings  :( ) I'm sure that the forum will continue to facilitate the formation of friendships, the sharing of useful information about our bikes, and of course of friendly banter  ;)

Facebook is also a great place for friendly banter, chat, and sharing photos.  I know a few members do also organise local ride-outs using Facebook.  It would be good if the guys who have set up the pages on Facebook could also keep the forum updated with any ride-outs or events that are being organised outside of the forum, even if only to include a post on the forum which includes a link / description that points to the Facebook page where details can be found.  I've lost count how many GSXF Facebook pages there are  :-\

I won't be making any drastic changes the set-up of the forum ... not at least until I have had a chance to read the admin on-line manual ... zzzzzz
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 07:01:21 PM by Simmsy »