Author Topic: Thanks to Ian  (Read 4162 times)

Taz

Thanks to Ian
« on: February 13, 2012, 12:35:56 AM »
Ian you are doing a top job by arranging related topics together :D

I do not have to remember where every old post is now  ;D

Simmsy

Re: Thanks to Ian
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 09:40:00 PM »
Cheers Dave  :)  It's kept me busy during these dark winter evenings, but I've came across lots of good info.

I'm still struggling to get a "Thumbs Up" Smiley loaded :(

Wasted_ace

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 09:06:09 AM »
Well done Ian for keeping the old GSXF site afloat..its not easy by any means keeping a forum going these days as competition has never been fiercer..facebook seem to suck the life force out of forums which is a bloody shame.
Hopefully the old GSXF salts will all stay together and in touch whatever the future  :icon_salut:

Simmsy

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 08:33:38 PM »
Cheers Martin  :occasion14: ... there's a cold Pear Cider waiting in the fridge for you  :bot:

Seems like your rideout group is doing well ... I'll pop over and say hello  :hello:

The GSXF forum is like my GSXF ... it just keeps going.  There have been some days when there have been no posts, and I wonder how much life there is in it.  There are some days when I have a moment of madness and have thought about getting a different bike ...  :bulb:  :nono:

... but then the next day the forum comes alive ... a bit like going out on your bike, enjoying a perfect ride, and thinking afterwards "what more do I want ?"  :icon_sunny:

Even though the post count is ticking over, the number of pages viewed on the forum remains healthy, so someone is benefiting from the vault of information that is available ... it is after all the No.1 definitive source on information and banter about a GSXF in the UK  :) ... and even the world  :dontknow:

Not worried about competition. It's the members which keep the forum alive.

The day may come when it is no longer feasible to keep the forum going  :'( , but when that day comes we'll look back at the friends that we've made, the banter we've all enjoyed, the adventures we've been on, how we overcame problems with our bikes via the forum, etc ... and those memories will keep on going  :icon_cheers: ... Now where did I leave my specs  :icon_scratch:  Have I fed the dog  :dontknow:

Anyway I've got to crack on and sort out more of these smileys
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:54:30 PM by Simmsy »

Wasted_ace

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 10:34:32 AM »
Nice one mate and thanks for dropping into the forum..things will undoubtably drop off on the 4CB forum as its specifically geared up towards rideouts..when there is a lull in rides then activity will drop..im ready for that..hopefully people will be enthusuastic and want to post and get involved..of not then i have simply overestimated the level of ambition that bikers have in our region.. i have worded the Forum description a bit better to include the $ counties and BEYOND..which means any old fart can join wherever you are  :icon_cheers:
There is also a link on the forum to here so if we pick up any GSXF members or Bandit ownes then can maybe consider dropping in here  :icon_salut:

Taz

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 01:17:26 PM »

There is also a link on the forum to here so if we pick up any GSXF members or Bandit ownes then can maybe consider dropping in here  :icon_salut:

Why Bandit owners? its a GSXF forum  :dontknow:

ajacko

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 16
  • Notts/Lincs border.
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 09:48:44 PM »
I guess it's because the GSXFs are based more than heavily on the Bandits, it's the same bike when all said and done. A different ECU here and a different shock there makes no difference to the potential crossover in tech know-how.. Most of the workshop type stuff on here will be of equal use to a 650/1250 Bandit owner.. :)
Currently run a 2012 DL650AL2 and a zx6rA1P

Taz

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 05:37:54 AM »
If I wanted to talk about Bandits I would join a Bandit forum!

I have a fairing like a GSX-R bet they do not want me on their forum  :dontknow:

ajacko

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 16
  • Notts/Lincs border.
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 09:02:09 AM »
Really?

Wasted_ace

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 10:11:17 AM »
Can you blame them  :thefinger: :thefinger:

chrisongsx

• GSXF Master
  • Popularity Vote 0
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 10:19:46 AM »
Yeah, cheers mate. :icon_cheers:

Taz

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 03:47:22 AM »
I start a bit of banter on here about allowing bandit owners on the forum and there are only a few replies  :icon_scratch:

I thought the GSXF owners would have come out in force against the idea, maybe we do not have any active members anymore :sleepy2:

Simmsy

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 09:08:09 PM »
maybe we do not have any active members anymore :sleepy2:
Maybe they've all been held hostage by the Bandits  :dontknow: :laughing7:

Whilst Bandits owners may find some of the technical information on the forum relevant, there are a number of Bandit specific forums on the internet anyway

... and if they saw a GSXF they probably won't take any notice of it anyway  :sad: ... one Bandit owner once took great pleasure in reminding me that my bike was "only a Bandit tarted up in a skirt" ...   :angry4: :thefinger:

Taz

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 05:32:28 AM »
... and if they saw a GSXF they probably won't take any notice of it anyway  :sad: ... one Bandit owner once took great pleasure in reminding me that my bike was "only a Bandit tarted up in a skirt" ...   :angry4: :thefinger:

thats how I describe mine to people that have not heard of the GSXF  :laughing7:

Wasted_ace

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 02:17:32 PM »
maybe we do not have any active members anymore :sleepy2:
Maybe they've all been held hostage by the Bandits  :dontknow: :laughing7:

Whilst Bandits owners may find some of the technical information on the forum relevant, there are a number of Bandit specific forums on the internet anyway

Yeah..you should have remined him that it was a water and windproof skirt ..and then asked him what he was wearing  :bootyshake:

cheekymonkey

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 08:29:57 AM »
Funny that about waterproof skirt etc......lol I just found out that the majority of the bits for my 1250 are equal to the mk5 bandit.... at least i can steal a few parts of the buggars n hid em under me skirt  if needed ;)  :laughing7:

ajacko

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 16
  • Notts/Lincs border.
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 09:17:30 AM »
Same bike, different fairing, clocks, rear shock and ECU.. That's it..

cheekymonkey

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 09:51:02 AM »
Cheers for the extra info Jacko I'll deffo keep that in mind when looking for stuff  :thumbsup:

PaterAnt

• ************************ "A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right." - - - John Teller - - SAMCRO - - ************************
  • GSXF Master
  • Popularity Vote 23
  • INQUISITOR...
    • The Worcester Oratory
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 05:16:16 PM »
... and uprated brakes for the GSX1250 over the Bandit.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. 1973-2009: several Piaggio (mainly Vespa) scooters (oldest 1957 reg); 2009-11: 2009 Piaggio MP3 400ie; 03/11 to 12/15: GSX1250FA ST.
Worcester

ajacko

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 16
  • Notts/Lincs border.
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 07:55:57 PM »
Same as the 1250 Bandit ABS..