Author Topic: Givi Wingrack for 650F - with or without indicators?  (Read 1159 times)

PeterGSX

Givi Wingrack for 650F - with or without indicators?
« on: April 20, 2012, 05:20:58 PM »
Hi All  :hello:

Seems like the season has started properly (Martin's gonna laugh at me...  :laughing7:), as something has pushed me to post a question here, which answer for I couldn't find (or didn't look properly, sorry  :angel:)

Well, I've decided I'm upgrading my existing Suzuki rack, and I'm getting a Wingrack. I don't know which one to go for, WITH or WITHOUT the indicators. I really like the genuine indicators and obviously the rack will probably make them go, which I'm not a great fan of. I don't mind the way that the Wingrack indicators look like, although maybe there's no need to get rid of the genuine ones.

As you probably know Wingrack offers the rack with or without indicators, I'm planning to get them 2nd hand as the choice on eBay is massive. I understand I'll need the Y127 fitting kit for it - fair enough.

So, which one? Any help would be appreciated :icon_thumright: If there's noone who can answer that, then I'll find a person nearby who sells one of them without the indicators and go the with a measuring tape and do the homework before deciding  :la:

Cheers!

John

Re: Givi Wingrack for 650F - with or without indicators?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 06:08:55 PM »
With indicators. The standard indicators would be hidden by the wingrack. You also have to make up a support for the left side as the fitting kit supplied doesn't fit. Not a big problem, just cut and shut to the pillion foot rest hanger. See http://gsx650f.me.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1167.0
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 06:14:42 PM by John »

ajacko

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 16
  • Notts/Lincs border.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 07:17:00 PM »
Wingracks are ugly, get a standard Givi frame  :thumbsup:
Currently run a 2012 DL650AL2 and a zx6rA1P

PeterGSX

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 08:12:07 PM »
With indicators. The standard indicators would be hidden by the wingrack. You also have to make up a support for the left side as the fitting kit supplied doesn't fit. Not a big problem, just cut and shut to the pillion foot rest hanger. See http://gsx650f.me.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1167.0

Thanks John. Any chance for a picture of that footpeg shortened, pls?

Wingracks are ugly, get a standard Givi frame  :thumbsup:

Hey, it's only a matter of taste. I've said that before and it hasn't changed - I absolutely adore this rack, at least I don't need to take it off when I'm not using my topbox!  8)

John

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 12:25:59 PM »