Author Topic: Try the Cresta Run road in mid wales A483  (Read 1286 times)

cheekymonkey

Try the Cresta Run road in mid wales A483
« on: April 21, 2012, 10:07:45 PM »
Try this road out if you havent done it before it's deffo worth the ride out  :occasion14:

.... i did it 2 weeks ago with 4 of of my mates and tis a truely wicked twisty road about 23 miles long.

Start at Newtown mid Wales and head onto the A483 and stay on it for 25.5 miles tight n twisty at top end then opens out to some cracking long sweeping curves round the bottom of the valley ... oh if your not going mental at this point then the views cool too.... at the end you hit a roundabout .. turn left and you see fuel n a handy biker friendly cafe too ..... hope you enjoy the cresta run it'll put a smile on your face  :headbang:

ajacko

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 16
  • Notts/Lincs border.
Re: Try the Cresta Run road in mid wales A483
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 10:58:45 PM »
Yup, know it very well, worth a day out.. I like the way the Welsh mark the road properly so you know when a bend is about to open up half a second before you see it for yourself.. I'm going to retire to Wales, or the IOM.. :)
Currently run a 2012 DL650AL2 and a zx6rA1P

PaterAnt

• ************************ "A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right." - - - John Teller - - SAMCRO - - ************************
  • GSXF Master
  • Popularity Vote 23
  • INQUISITOR...
    • The Worcester Oratory
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 09:39:58 AM »
stay on it for 25.5 miles tight n twisty at top end then opens out to some cracking long sweeping curves round the bottom of the valley ... oh if your not going mental at this point then the views cool too.... at the end you hit a roundabout .. turn left and you see fuel n a handy biker friendly cafe too .....

Is that where it crosses the A44 before you get to Llandrindod Wells?  :dontknow:
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. 1973-2009: several Piaggio (mainly Vespa) scooters (oldest 1957 reg); 2009-11: 2009 Piaggio MP3 400ie; 03/11 to 12/15: GSX1250FA ST.
Worcester

cheekymonkey

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 04:59:02 PM »
yup you got it pater.... a cracking bit of road  :headbang: