Author Topic: Vibrating dash  (Read 1829 times)

Sir Trev

Vibrating dash
« on: August 16, 2012, 12:24:35 PM »
An irritating problem that seems to be getting worse on my K9.  At the right revs you can hear the dash area vibrating, even through the earplugs I habitually wear.  The mounting screws all seems to be tight but the central binacle that the clocks sit in clearly moves slightly causing the noise.  Anyone else have this and what did you do to stop it driving you nuts?

chaos

Re: Vibrating dash
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 02:12:34 PM »
Have you added (or taken off) anything on the bike recently?
Resonance is a strange thing and can be caused by the tiniest change in the framework of the bike.

joshb003

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 06:45:18 PM »
I had the same issue with the stock windscreen, but after I replaced the windscreen the vibrating miraculously stopped lol. (I put on a tinted Puig).

IanG

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 15
  • South London
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 07:38:28 AM »
Try pulling the clocks out of the dash had the same problem after I refitted the clocks after changing my dipped beam bulb had to take it out and reseat it and no more buzzing
GSX650F (FLO) Blue & Silver

Sir Trev

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 09:52:38 AM »
Not changed anything near the front of the bike - cannot believe adding a SWMotech rack and Givi topbox would cause this in any way.  Will have to try taking the clocks/binacle out at the weekend and see if it was seated right.  Perhaps the previous owner did something and I've only noticed it now.

chaos

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 08:18:43 AM »
Not changed anything near the front of the bike - cannot believe adding a SWMotech rack and Givi topbox would cause this in any way.  Will have to try taking the clocks/binacle out at the weekend and see if it was seated right.  Perhaps the previous owner did something and I've only noticed it now.

Believe me adding ANYTHING could cause it.

Sir Trev

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »
Fixed it - yay!!!!  The two alan headed screws holding the bottom of the clock panel had no washers under them and the whole unit could move up/down/sideways, even with the fasteners done up tight.  Fishing about in the toolbox found some tiny rubber o-rings that just went over the screw threads of the fasteners, pinch them back up and BINGO.  The section does not move now and the buzz has stopped.  Thank flip for that!

ajacko

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 16
  • Notts/Lincs border.
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 09:45:21 PM »
It's almost always something simple, the trouble is in tracking it down.. Nice work.
Currently run a 2012 DL650AL2 and a zx6rA1P