Author Topic: Foookin Rust !  (Read 1743 times)

derekcon

Foookin Rust !
« on: July 08, 2009, 10:38:58 PM »
Got home tonight from work and found that my left hand was splattered with orange water, rusty water. It had come out of the left hand switch unit. I am not going to clean it off as the dealer can have a look at it when it goes in for 4k service.
Has anyone else had the same problem.
I assume it has been caused by the recent heavy rain getting into the unit whilst on the side stand.

Wasted_ace

Re: Foookin Rust !
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 02:00:09 AM »
Got home tonight from work and found that my left hand was splattered with orange water, rusty water. It had come out of the left hand switch unit. I am not going to clean it off as the dealer can have a look at it when it goes in for 4k service.
Has anyone else had the same problem.
I assume it has been caused by the recent heavy rain getting into the unit whilst on the side stand.

I got a bit of rusty muck coming out of where the levers on the handlebars are but i guess if i leave it out in the rain for 3 days then its bound to happen..as long as the sucker starts im happy.. :la:

Dave R

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 03:45:36 PM »
Spray some WD40 in there  :icon_thumright:

Wasted_ace

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 06:33:09 PM »

I will give that a go Dave...just caught in another monsoon downpour on the way back from Fowlers..the GF is gonna be a rustbucket by bloody August.. :laughing7: :laughing7:

Dave R

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 03:50:43 AM »

I will give that a go Dave...just caught in another monsoon downpour on the way back from Fowlers..the GF is gonna be a rustbucket by bloody August.. :laughing7: :laughing7:

Wasted_ace

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 06:16:34 PM »

Yeah i might be able to PX it for a Mini Metro with fat wheels and furry cice.. :la: :la:

derekcon

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 05:01:53 PM »
Just had a 4000 mile service and the mechanic had a look. Took the switch housing off and no sign of corrosion just a small orange stain at the bottom of the housing - weird !

Wasted_ace

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 05:20:34 PM »
Just had a 4000 mile service and the mechanic had a look. Took the switch housing off and no sign of corrosion just a small orange stain at the bottom of the housing - weird !

Good to hear mate cos i leave the bike out in all weathers and it seems fine.. :thumbsup:

Dave R

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 09:01:12 PM »

think thats called Protective spray  :dontknow: