Author Topic: Fuel Tank Removal  (Read 2126 times)

EC_ryder

Fuel Tank Removal
« on: August 18, 2009, 07:59:17 PM »
Has anyone removed their fuel tank, even if just to take a peek at what lies beneath?!  The air cleaner element is under there, also access to the spark plugs, and I'd like to inspect, clean or replace these when required.  But it all starts with removing the tank!  Any tips?  :dontknow:

k8gsx

Re: Fuel Tank Removal
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 08:06:57 PM »
Get a manuel  :downtown:

I aint got a clue  

Dave R

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 12:05:28 AM »
Owners Manual page 6-5  :downtown:

and its easy  :thumbsup:

Orangina

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 09:33:25 AM »
Yip, owners manual.  Nae probs.

EC_ryder

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 09:41:06 AM »

Thanks for the replies, that's what I wanted to hear. :icon_thumright:

Just to clarify, when the hoses are disconnected, petrol will flow out, right?  So, drain the tank first?   :dontknow:

Dave R

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 10:18:46 AM »

Thanks for the replies, that's what I wanted to hear. :icon_thumright:

Just to clarify, when the hoses are disconnected, petrol will flow out, right?  So, drain the tank first?   :dontknow:

No need to drain tank, one way valve in fuel feed  :thumbsup: just remember the more fuel in tank the heavier it will be when you remove it  :thumbsup:

EC_ryder

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 12:55:15 PM »

No need to drain tank, one way valve in fuel feed  :thumbsup: just remember the more fuel in tank the heavier it will be when you remove it  :thumbsup:

Excellent, thanks.  But (sorry to be a pest) since it'll be easier to work with an empty tank, is there an easier way to drain the fuel, other than plastic pipe, one end into the tank, suck on other end, pop into bottle before swallowing a mouthful!?   :icon_scratch:

Orangina

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 01:36:43 PM »

EC_ryder

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 07:28:07 PM »

:laughing7:  Perfect, thank you.  You must think I'm such a codger, talking about sucking petrol thru a tube!!!  Where's the emoticon for "embarrassed".  Can't find it, think it's time for my nap...  :sleepy2:

Tedwood

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 08:30:20 PM »
Just don't forget that you *can* wear your slippers but lighting your pipe is a nono

EC_ryder

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 09:21:46 PM »
 :laughing7:

Dave R

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 11:45:50 PM »

Excellent, thanks.  But (sorry to be a pest) since it'll be easier to work with an empty tank, is there an easier way to drain the fuel, other than plastic pipe, one end into the tank, suck on other end, pop into bottle before swallowing a mouthful!?   :icon_scratch:

YES ride it till you run out of fuel  :laughing7:

FiXeR

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 12:51:55 PM »

Yeah, ask the girlfriend to suck it...  :thumbsup: