Author Topic: So.....i Dropped my new bike  (Read 3370 times)

dexterbiker

So.....i Dropped my new bike
« on: November 02, 2013, 10:55:40 PM »
Not best please with myself to be honest on this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb65qOe96XM

Einstein36uk

Re: So.....i Dropped my new bike
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 11:11:51 PM »
Unlucky chap  :sad:

Hopefully not too much damage, I think most of us have done something like that at some point. Dropped mine on a roundabout a while back - adrenalin helped pick mine up. Have sliders fitted so was no damage at all - paid for themselves that day!

PaterAnt

• ************************ "A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right." - - - John Teller - - SAMCRO - - ************************
  • GSXF Master
  • Popularity Vote 23
  • INQUISITOR...
    • The Worcester Oratory
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 01:54:32 PM »
Sincere sympathies mate. I also have two sets of crash bungs on mine, R&G for the fairing and the link below for the engine, they both came in and that saved mine when dropped in France. Anyone who hasn't dropped their bike yet - you will one day...

http://gsx650f.me.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3621.msg28684#msg28684
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 02:07:04 PM by PaterAnt »
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. 1973-2009: several Piaggio (mainly Vespa) scooters (oldest 1957 reg); 2009-11: 2009 Piaggio MP3 400ie; 03/11 to 12/15: GSX1250FA ST.
Worcester

JDH

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 05:32:31 PM »
Unlucky mate...... Know how you feel....gutting,sick.

I lay mine down at a junction, with only 50 miles on the clock, only broke the mirror. It took all the strength I had to lift it back up. Had many bikes and never dropped one. This gsxf650f feels very top heavy.
The bike was called many things for a few days, even thought of getting rid of it.

Every time I stop it, it feels like it wants to fall over. Maybe just me in my head.

Guess it like falling off a horse, pick yourself up, get back on and keep riding...

ajacko

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 16
  • Notts/Lincs border.
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 09:33:36 PM »
Meh, it happens, an examiner once dropped his bike while a mate took his test, he had to help the guy lift it back up, he passed.

Its why people buy bungs etc.

I dropped one of my current bikes in a field, don't ask how it got there.
Currently run a 2012 DL650AL2 and a zx6rA1P

GIZMO3030

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 12:54:37 PM »
Lol , we will all do it , When I passed my test the first big bike I got was a TDM850 , far to large for me as I am rather short , I had my wife on the back a pulled up in my brothers driveway looking all cool etc etc then went to put my feet down , as it was on a camber nothing there  :( , bike went over with the wife on the back , broke a foot peg and a mirror but broke my pride more than anything .... Now have gsx650 and had it lowered for my short legs , cool bike and love it .

lucozadenredbull

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 06:58:41 PM »
Dropped mine approx 4-5yrs ago with the missus on back, just about to turn put my foot down to steady 'holy crap' gravel! Over we went! Smashed indicator scratched casing and broken mirror! Ironic as it was i was going in shop to buy my r&g bungs! Plus a new front tyre! Grrrr very expensive day!!

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Mad Dog

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 08:34:14 PM »
Tip for righting the bike is not to lift with your arms and upper body but use your legs and backside.

I know you're thinking WHAT!! but honest.

Put your lower back into the seat bum on the ground. Depending what side you're bikes on grab the handlebar with a full lock to the tank, and the tail handle or under the rear seat fairing something secure.

Knees bent push with your feet and stand up holding the bike.

Never fails. Seen someone who weighs 8 st lift a 1300cc FJR .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dexterbiker

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 05:53:15 PM »

Tip for righting the bike is not to lift with your arms and upper body but use your legs and backside.

Put your lower back into the seat bum on the ground. Depending what side you're bikes on grab the handlebar with a full lock to the tank, and the tail handle or under the rear seat fairing something secure.

Cheers, sadly I have learnt this now lol

davie150

• GSXF Owner
  • Popularity Vote 0
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 01:58:30 PM »

I saw this the other day on YouTube, remember to put your side stand down first or your bike will just topple over to the other side.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 09:41:49 AM by PaterAnt »