Author Topic: My bike in the hospital today..... :icon_pale:  (Read 3182 times)

leeski09

My bike in the hospital today..... :icon_pale:
« on: September 03, 2009, 11:38:14 AM »
MY bike is unwell.  Its going in for a few days to get fixed up on warranty of course. Keeps dropping out of 6th gear when in 'neutral throttle' and power then reapplied. Drops out for half a second and then snaps back in. On long fast sweeping bends it has unsettled the bike (AND ME!) so away she goes today. Hopefully well for the weekend but we'll see. At least im getting my 7,500 service done for nothing since they have to strip the engine down!  Every cloud has a silver lining eh?

nessie

Re: My bike in the hospital today..... :icon_pale:
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 04:01:09 PM »
Dont know about the silver lining bit Leeski hope she is sorted soon and they supplied a courtesy bike  :icon_thumright:

Dave R

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 04:18:54 PM »
Get that B King off Pete and have a play  :laughing7:

leeski09

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 07:21:25 PM »
Pete could not get me booked till next Tuesday. V busy too, so GP in gimsby got me in today. Hopfully done for saturday.

Offered me a GS500 for a loan. i decline and took a taxi to the pub to drown my sorrows.  

I feel OK now...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 07:23:41 PM by Leeski »

Dave R

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 05:07:18 AM »
At least im getting my 7,500 service done for nothing since they have to strip the engine down!  Every cloud has a silver lining eh?

why are the stripping the engine for a gearbox problem?

leeski09

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 11:03:28 AM »
Dunno. If i knew these things i would not be taking it to them  :icon_scratch:   Im sure theyre not doing it for laughs though.

Dave R

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 02:51:32 PM »
Dunno. If i knew these things i would not be taking it to them  :icon_scratch:   Im sure theyre not doing it for laughs though.

your still need to pay for that 7500 service you tight git  :laughing7:

leeski09

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 03:08:16 PM »
Suspected selector fork bent. No pay for service. Even filter(s) and plugs changed. pretty happy with the arrangement. not sure if getting it back for weekend.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 04:55:28 PM by Leeski »

leeski09

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 02:28:55 PM »
been to have a looksee today. All in bits.....   basically the teeth at the end on a shaft have been shattered off!!!  also the slector fork is scaped and worn although not bent.  Athe teeth on 5th and 6th have been chamfered along the edges of the teeth. I put this down to the few occasions when a bad 5th to 6th change has happened. (quite a few times actually). Suzuki have said to the dealer that they have never heard of this happening!!!!!?????  All being replaced with a full 7500 service thrown in.

Anways, not going to be done till later in week. And still only offered me a GS500 to play with.....   :thefinger:   No way Jose!

Dave R

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 10:54:36 PM »
I put this down to the few occasions when a bad 5th to 6th change has happened. (quite a few times actually). Suzuki have said to the dealer that they have never heard of this happening!!!!!????

As you know mine has had the 5th/6th gear change problem, kick it up in to 6th and it stays in 5th  :angry4:

will wait for mine to pack in now then  :laughing7:

leeski09

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 05:26:08 PM »
I put this down to the few occasions when a bad 5th to 6th change has happened. (quite a few times actually). Suzuki have said to the dealer that they have never heard of this happening!!!!!????

As you know mine has had the 5th/6th gear change problem, kick it up in to 6th and it stays in 5th  :angry4:

will wait for mine to pack in now then  :laughing7:

Yeah mate, maybe worth getting it checked before warranty goes. Thats is if it has snapped back  into 5th with any vigour.  Mine was revving to the red before snatching back into 5th. Very unstteling on a long fast bend at a fair rate of knots i can tell ya!

Dave R

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 05:52:34 PM »

Dave R

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 04:44:04 AM »

When did all this crap start Dave..?..ive got 9500 on the clock now so wondering if im gonna start gettin any problems.. :icon_pale:

mine started at about 5500, not sure when Lee's started  :dontknow:

leeski09

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 12:02:52 PM »
About the same time.

Jason

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 12:45:03 PM »
Should have got a blue one :thefinger: :la:

Dave R

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 01:33:10 PM »
Must be the way we ride them  :dontknow:  HARD and FAST  :headbang:

leeski09

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 03:51:50 PM »

Yeah but getting back to the bike Dave..   :icon_scratch:

Dave R

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 10:07:42 PM »

Yeah but getting back to the bike Dave..   :icon_scratch:

OPS  :laughing7:

leeski09

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 06:06:58 PM »
Back in my capable hands today.   Feels and sounds great. Amazing what a full strip down combined with service does. Maybe a week off it helps too.

Anyway, its all like new. New main shaft, 4th 5th 6th ratios replaced, selector fork too. Taking it easy for 100 miles to let the new parts asimilate with the old.  My dad who is 63 gets his Honda XL 125 Varadero tomorrow morning so taking him for a steady blat out. Get him some more road experience in ready for his full test.

nessie

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 09:00:39 PM »
Glad to hear you got the bike back m8 and she sounds well good news,go yer dad mind you go easy now.....

leeski09

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 11:19:56 PM »
Glad to hear you got the bike back m8 and she sounds well good news,go yer dad mind you go easy now.....

Hell set off an hour before me and the tea will be hot when i get to the cafe!!!!

Dave R

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 05:58:49 AM »

Hell set off an hour before me and the tea will be hot when i get to the cafe!!!!

you are meant to ride with him, not give him a head start then chase him :laughing7:

leeski09

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2009, 06:23:38 PM »
Bike is like new.   Smooth as silk. 250 miles over last 2 days so the new gear ratios should be settled in. Just need to get her sold or mothballed for Dad so i can get the beemer. Looks like the big strike in africa is gonna give the firm another month on standby (paid!!!) so what the hell!