Author Topic: Climing on board with panniers.  (Read 1019 times)

redkite

Climing on board with panniers.
« on: September 21, 2009, 07:08:49 PM »
Just bought a tail pack and panniers for a week away, and when ive filled them its bloody hard to get on. I'm 6 foot 2 and i'm still having to do olympic standard gymnastics to get on. Am i doing somthing wrong, should  the foot rest and side stand take all my weight (13 stone). Feels like a silly question. cheers

Red
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 10:24:20 PM by redkite »

Debbie

Re: Climing on board with panniers.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 09:15:32 PM »
I stand facing the side of the bike then 'feed' my right leg foot first sort of in a straight line over the seat and then hop towards the bike as my leg goes across the seat, then once it's over the bike I turn to face forward and sit! It'snot the most elegant way but it works for me

Dave R

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 11:14:59 PM »
your doing something wrong, I am 6'1 and I can lift my leg over the seat with tail pack and luggage on  :dontknow:

Orangina

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 01:36:24 PM »
I am only 5' 2".  If I'm fully laden with panniers, top box & stuffabag I do the exact same as Debbie.   :icon_sunny:

You shouldn't need to stand on the footpeg at all  :dontknow:

redkite

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 05:24:54 PM »
Yeah i'm "threading" my leg straight over the seat now rather than trying to swing it over a set of panniers, tail pack and tent. Thanks anyway guys.

Red

leeski09

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 10:30:17 PM »
Just grab the bars, lean right over the tank and knee first over lowest part of the seat......       Been teaching my dad whos joint dont flex like they used to.!!   :laughing7: