Author Topic: What model Givi bags are these?  (Read 486 times)

Tincan53

What model Givi bags are these?
« on: March 19, 2015, 05:13:31 PM »
  Just bought a used bike with these on them.  I tried to install Z227 locks on them and the lock sets are different than the original.  The originals have a nut on the end and the new ones don't.   I am so frustrated right now.  I tried the new locks and then tried to get the old lock set back in and now I can't get the bag to open or the key out.  I am the world's worse mechanic sometimes.   2011 GSX1250FA.  Givi bags.  Not labeled with Suzuki name.

Andsetinn

Re: What model Givi bags are these?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 06:53:51 PM »
The picture does not show the best view but the Givi homepage www.givi.it -- Products -- Side hardbags shows what looks like similar bags as model V35 Tech. Model V35 look almost the same but have red reflectors. Clicking the "Display spare parts" button for V35 Tech shows a PDF with drawing of parts and partnumbers. The locks are item nr. 14 in the picture with part number Z661.
I'm not sure about your bags but it is common for locks that the keys cannot be removed when the locks are in open (unlocked) position. It is also common that locks that are incorrectly put together cannot be opened. Therefore you should always try the function of the lock before closing the cases. The Givi locks are not listed as security locks so they can probably be drilled out.

Tincan53

Re: What model Givi bags are these?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 07:15:17 PM »
Thanks Andsetinn.  Good news and bad.