Author Topic: Abrupt throttle on / off  (Read 6271 times)

Skip

Re: Abrupt throttle on / off
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2016, 11:12:33 PM »
Hats off to you,  you're very persistent. 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 06:34:40 PM by PaterAnt »

Metnor

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2016, 03:28:47 AM »
It turns out that Danmoto sells the same part under different part numbers. Whatever I got, it actually works. Excellent part throttle response. My conclusion is that they have a functional product and their marketing sucks. After 2 months one of the lost parts did show up so now I have two. If anyone in my area wants to buy it, it's available.
Glenn

Metnor

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2016, 10:58:07 AM »
And on May 16th, the second "lost" O2 sensor eliminator showed up in the mail. Somehow they have found a shipment method that takes 2 months to get from China to Canada. I believe their airmail goes by boat. :BangHead:

Glenn

Skip

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2016, 11:07:49 AM »
Carrier pigeon mate or tramp mate.

Metnor

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2016, 06:36:24 PM »
This week I went for my first long trip after installing the elusive O2 sensor eliminator. After 7 hours of riding, the "FI" light on the dash came on. At first I thought there was a problem, then I remembered the O2 sensor eliminator. I stopped, removed the eliminator, plugged the O2 sensor back in and things were right again.

So here is my thoughts on this product;

1) By their own admission (I have the email), DanMoto markets the same part under different part numbers. Are these things really going to do what each bike requires or are they simply making people think that an improvement has been made because they have disconnected the O2 sensor and no warning light came on?

2) The resistor in the eliminator still measures 760 ohms. Since my bike threw an alarm at steady state 5700 rpm, it suggests to me that the computer requires feedback from the O2 sensor at more than just "specific conditions required for emission certification" or whatever the DanMoto claim is.

3) Do I really want to trust the fueling ratio of my bike to a randomly selected resistor? There could be situations where an incorrect fuel / air ratio is created that could cause damage to my engine.

4) After I re-connected the O2 sensor, I noticed no difference in the operation of the bike. I have a feeling that this product improves performance by the placebo effect.

That's it for my rant and there is no recommendation for this product or DanMoto from me.

Glenn

Lampie

• GSXF Rider
  • Popularity Vote 4
  • Blue GSX
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2016, 08:41:11 PM »
 :icon_thumright:     this doesn't come as a surprise for me.

I've got more result from synchronising, and a good tlc for the engine, without messing with the O2 sensor.
Good oil, sparkplugs and filters
When I bought this bike it did 1 liter @ 14 km , now 1000000 km later, it runs 1 liter @ 19,5 km.
I got the most result from synchronising, the other big saver was the front brakes, an overhaul did the trick
126900km Sold

Metnor

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2016, 12:27:29 AM »
Lampie;

I synchronised the throttle bodies on my bike today. I will post the procedure and results in a separate thread.

Glenn

Lampie

• GSXF Rider
  • Popularity Vote 4
  • Blue GSX
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2016, 02:01:39 PM »
 :laughing7:

:thumbsup:  told you it would work
126900km Sold

DaveGC

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2016, 10:57:11 AM »
Hi, I fitted one of these and had the same problem. After about 5 minutes riding the ABS light came on then after a couple more minutes the FI light. Then the bike cut out with dead battery.
Removed the sensor at the roadside and a bump start got her going again with no further problems.
So it seems there are various eliminators out there and you are lucky if you get a good one.