Author Topic: Sw-Motech Top Box Rack  (Read 1413 times)

CKAJCA

Sw-Motech Top Box Rack
« on: March 31, 2016, 11:18:13 AM »
I am thinking of buying the Sw Motech top box rack to my GSX1250FA in order to fit a Givi V56.
Does anyone have one of these fitted and does it limit pillion seat room?
I like the Sw Motech mount as it only attaches to the pillion grab rail and there seems to be no otker metalwork.

Regards Colin

Skip

Re: Sw-Motech Top Box Rack
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 08:28:28 AM »
Can't comment on the SW Motech equipment but the Suzuki branded kit necessitates the removal of the grab handles and doesn't seem to impede on the pillion space,  well I wasn't crushed when the wife was rather larger than she is now  :laughing7:

1250FAn

• GSXF Learner
  • Popularity Vote 0
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 07:56:03 PM »
Hi Colin,
I've not long ago ordered a SW Motech Alu rack complete with a monokey adaptor plate, and a Givi E55 top box.  When i've installed these, i'll up load a picture for you to see position of the top box in relation to availiable space for the pillion.  I will also mention any Pro's and Con's regarding quality, installation and manuals    :icon_thumright:

1250FAn

• GSXF Learner
  • Popularity Vote 0
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 09:18:05 PM »
Here's it is,
Apologies for the naff picture, but this is the SW Motech Alu rack, with Monokey adaptor plate, a Givi E55 top box, and Givi E11 back rest. The instructions are clear and simple, installation was a breeze, all mounted in 30 minutes. As you can see the top box does not overhang the pillion seat.  Happy days.

Skip

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 06:05:37 PM »
Looks to me that the SW kit does sit further back and would allow a passenger more space.

CKAJCA

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 03:44:13 PM »
Here's it is,
Apologies for the naff picture, but this is the SW Motech Alu rack, with Monokey adaptor plate, a Givi E55 top box, and Givi E11 back rest. The instructions are clear and simple, installation was a breeze, all mounted in 30 minutes. As you can see the top box does not overhang the pillion seat.  Happy days.

Thank you soo much for replying and taking the time to upload the photo, it is much appreciated.
Regards Colin