Author Topic: Binding brakes  (Read 850 times)

Wasted_ace

Binding brakes
« on: February 20, 2010, 05:57:26 PM »

Apollo

Re: Binding brakes
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 07:08:38 PM »
I have been regularly spraying up the bike with GT85 and ACF50 (expensive) to keep the corrosion at bay. Washing when possible and  then spraying up again. Seems ok at the moment but I haven't really done many miles yet. I would solely use the ACF50 but the aerosol doesn't give a fine mist so I use the GT85 for large areas. I know a couple of guys who spray their Gixers up with ACF50 in winter and then don't wash them again till spring.

Hope it works, as this bikes gotta last me a while.

dave r

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 03:58:26 AM »

Wasted_ace

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 02:28:18 PM »
Glad to hear that the paint flaking off the wheel trims is covered by the warranty Dave  :thumbsup:..i think the mechanics were trying to suggest it was my fault but theres no way that the paint shud be coming off a bike that is 11 months old..if it was a car model there would be a f**cking recall  :cussing:

dave r

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 03:45:42 PM »
Glad to hear that the paint flaking off the wheel trims is covered by the warranty Dave  :thumbsup:..i think the mechanics were trying to suggest it was my fault but theres no way that the paint shud be coming off a bike that is 11 months old..if it was a car model there would be a f**cking recall  :cussing:

When I had the problem with mine I took mine back to dealer, he did not bat an eye lid said it had happened on some Bandits but not on the GSXF that he knew of  :dontknow:  there again always a first  :laughing7:  he was going to send the wheels to local paint shop (loads of paint on them then) to be done then claim from Suzuki UK  :icon_thumright: