Author Topic: Hello from sunny Donny  (Read 882 times)

DoubleS

Hello from sunny Donny
« on: July 07, 2016, 09:15:56 AM »
Hi All

Next week I take delivery of a brand new GSX1250FA in black, with the touring kit. I am P/X my 57 plate R1200RT SE which is a great bike for riding on motorways with all the extras but is a pig to ride in town. Will look to put a few accessories on

MRA touring screen
2 x 12v Accessory sockets
Sat Nav
V-Strom Bark Busters
Hugger
Heated grips

Next year
upgraded seat
intercom ( maybe not a good idea as 90% is pillion riding with SWMBO)

Anyway come and say hello

manual cruise control (not yet decided what one)

jwoolgar

• GSXF Rider
  • Popularity Vote 4
Re: Hello from sunny Donny
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 08:04:45 AM »
Hello and welcome. I changed the stock seat to a Sargeant seat - much more comfortable and could ride all day. The MRA Vario screen worked well. I did a lot of European tours and those two accessories made long days in the saddle very achievable.
CB175, GSX250, CBX550, GPZ550, GSX750, GPZ900.  GSX650FK9 , GSX1250FA. Ducati Multistrada 1200

DoubleS

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 04:46:16 PM »
Thanks for the reply, i will definitely be changing the screen asap, and hopefully change the seat by the of the year.

gsx1250faz

• GSXF Owner
  • Popularity Vote 1
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 01:23:32 AM »
HI I am from down the road in Blyth. Picked my fa up 16 June.  Ran her in in s week and then did 2500 miles in Portugal and Spain followed by a run down to the Dolomites.  Bike performed brilliantly.  I have owned a 1200 bandit and a 650. Then gsx650f which I had for 8 years.  Then I bought a Deauville.  14 months was enough. There continental  trips booked for next year.  I have fit a Vario screen but not convinced that it is an improvement. The good improvements are heated grips. Larger top box. Hugger which really improves looks and stops dirt hitting rear shocker.Did you buy from J &S.Doncaster . Bike is perfect for retired touring.

gsx1250faz

• GSXF Owner
  • Popularity Vote 1
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 01:32:21 AM »
For seat upgrade Tony Archer at Huddersfield is the man to see. At around £100 he converts the hard foam to a softer one and makes what he calls a King And Queen seat. I have had two done. A great improvement. I will  be having mine done this winter