Author Topic: Backpacks - any advise  (Read 1202 times)

youngbull

Backpacks - any advise
« on: April 27, 2010, 11:51:06 AM »
Hi All,

I'm looking at getting a backpack for my bike, for weekends away or going away with work. If i go away with work i need to fit either upto a 18" laptop and PSU, plus a change of clothes, wash gear etc...

I've been told the Kriega and Knox backpacks are good, but would like to get the opinion of those who already use them.

ajacko

• Administrator
  • GSXF God
  • Popularity Vote 16
  • Notts/Lincs border.
Re: Backpacks - any advise
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 12:40:40 PM »
Currently run a 2012 DL650AL2 and a zx6rA1P

leeski09

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 12:49:20 PM »
I have a Knox sixpack.   I like the shape as it tapers the weight down to the bottom which i left rest on the seat. Also good for helmet too. (it says do not ride with spare lid in the netting but i have had no problems. i just double tie a stop know in the chords so they dont slip and loosen.)  My laptop is a huge 5kg Dell XPS of 17" and fits nicely. Take ur lappy to the shop to try before u buy mate.  Dont think ull get too many clothes in there after though. I usually get just a pair or trainers, jeans,  2 pairs socks, shreddies and couple of long sleeved T's. plus basic wash kit and small towel (flannel) !!  Enough for 2 day jaunt i reckon!

Paddy_r

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 03:21:22 PM »
I've the Kriega R25. It's brilliant, fit is excellent, don't know your wearing it after about 2 mins even when fully loaded and is expandable with their US range of bags/tailpacks if it's not big enough (though it will he if it's for a laptop and a few clothes). It's also waterproof and I've tested it (100 miles in pouring rain) and it didn't leak. Top build quality and a 10 year warrenty. Nice touches like straps on the side to adjust it so it doesn't flap around, seperate laptop compartment inside, reflective strip down the front of it. Best out there in my opinion.

Would recommend it to anyone.

I've also a US10 expansion/tailpack pack I use as a tailpack, it's also top quality. 

Danbo

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 09:28:15 PM »
I have the Knox and echo Leeski's comments.  It has served me well over this winter for my daily commute and has kept all my kit nice and dry!  Good value for the price.

Ginjaa Ninjaa

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 10:51:33 PM »
Go for the Kriega!

geordiedancer71

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 05:48:49 PM »
I just ordered the knox six pack from buster accessories with a free kryptonite keeper.

http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/productInfo.aspx?catRef=KNKOF1

All for 39 english pounds and 99 english pence!

sorted!

youngbull

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 04:53:23 PM »
cheers guys, still cant decide between the two but the Knox sixpack is more in my price range at the moment.